JUNGLE BOOK REIMAGINED REVIEW!

Images sourced from independent.co.uk, curveonline.co.uk, thetimes.co.uk and ents24.com

Hello and thank you for visiting my blog. Once again I had the honour to see a fantastic performance at the spectacular Curve Theatre in Leicester! Directed and choreographed by Akram Khan, the show is performed by talented ten dancers and uses modern, visual imagery to bring the show to life. A story which has been re invented from the classical, family story by Rudyard Kipling. 

An in depth performance based on a child named Mowgli who arrives in a deserted modern city as she is forced to seek a new life with her family due to a horrendous climate change! The city is taken over by wild animals! 

Jungle Book uses speakers to represent the dancer's voices as they tell a story through dance and strong movement. An excellent performance that demonstrates the link between the natural and modern world. 

I found the show to be very inspirational and loved the part where the dancers used a piece of fabric to represent the sea by creating waves. Strong, blue lights were used whilst the dancers moved the fabric to create a ripple effect. 

Feedback from the audience:

Jemma- I am really grateful that the Curve provided tickets for the local community to access through a special scheme as I am local to this area and I never would have considered watching any shows after I knew about the special scheme. 

I would have just stayed indoors and this has given me a new way to communicate with theatre lovers and also the chance to get out of the house. 

I found the show very interesting and also it touched my soul as I had a few tears streaming down my face. I was honoured to see Jungle Book as a live performance! I was a bit nervous at first when the theatre gradually went into complete darkness at the beginning of the performance ha-ha! I prefer to watch live theatre now rather than a movie!

Helena- An excellent piece performed by talented young dancers. The images were very inspirational. I found it a bit hard to follow the storyline at first. Once it was the second half of the show I understood it a bit more. I loved the artwork screen in front of the dancers as I have never come across that before!

Comments

Popular Posts