MY TRIP TO LONDON ON VALENTINE'S DAY

Anya Hindmarch's Chubby Hearts Installation at Wellington Arch


In my previous post I mentioned about spending time with my friend and checking out London as that is where she lives. Everytime I think of Valentine's Day I think of the usual things such as chocolates shaped as love hearts, a bouquet of red roses, marriage proposals etc. But for those that are not in a current relationship may find it a bit overwhelming.

I know because I have been one of those people. So instead I decided to make a change. I decided to think of it as a day of love and joy. A day for the world to embrace love! And it gave me a different perspective.

When the coach arrived in London, it passed by Wellington Arch which had Anya's Hindmarch's Chubby Heart Installation. This was squashed into the archway and many of these were distributed around London's iconic landmarks. Chubby Hearts is a project set in London to make a day of peace and love and they are also planning to set this project in other cities around the UK. You can follow this project at #CHUBBYhearts.

Wellington Arch is an iconic landmark which used to be the original entrance to Buckingham Palace. The archway represents the angel of peace and is surrounded by Royal Parks.

Outside Victoria Palace 


This year I decided to visit my friend in London. My friend was my tour guide as she is originally from London so she knows her way around the place. I wore my favourite red lipstick and painted my nails in red to embrace the day and make it worthwhile! I enjoyed every moment of it.

We said Happy Valentines Day to each other and we also bought a single rose and walked around London. But love shouldn't just be celebrated on Valentine's Day. In my case I reckon it should be celebrated all year around and embrace love each and everyday! Love is what makes the world go round!

Westminster Cathedral


We went to Westminster Cathedral near Victoria Station. Westminster Cathedral is the seat of Cardinal Archbishop of Westminster and Mother Church of Roman Catholics. The church has great artwork and the founder was Cardinal Vaughan.

We also checked out a The British Museum which exhibits art from all around the world and is free to members of the public.  After we did this we checked out a few shops and then we decided to eat at Wagamama restaurant. I had a vegetarian option which was stir fried noodles with vegetables. It was nice to sit down after the huge amount of walking.

Overall I had a marvellous time spending it with my friend and it just shows that we are sociable creatures and with plenty of love and peace in this world makes it a joyful experience. We are here to share this world and embrace the beauty of it so why not make everyday worthwhile by spending it with those around you and of course making new friends too!

Comments

Popular Posts