LUXURIOUS TRIP TO LONDON ON A BUDGET!

Sketch Restaurant


Just because you have a low budget doesn't mean that you can't enjoy the finer things in life! This is what I did a few weekends ago. One of my friends recommended a website https://www.getasnap.com/. I received a voucher to travel on one of their coaches for free during the first time I used their service! I was really impressed with the coach driver on my journey there and back! They were extremely friendly and they even knew my name as there were not many people travelling on this service! Actually now that I mention it, there were only about 10 passengers on this service including my two friends who are sisters and I. They were the ones that asked me to tag along which was very kind of them to do so! As I boarded the coach I was really impressed with the coach as it was clean and the seats were really comfortable! My two sister friends boarded on the same coach in a different pick up location to where I boarded and the three of us sat right at the front so we had a perfect view of the journey!

We travelled on a Roberts coach service and the driver even asked us whether the coach was at the right temperature. My friend was really cold as she was feeling a bit under the weather so the driver fulfilled her request by turning the heating on! The journey to London was about 3 hours but it felt shorter as I was with my friends and I was enjoying the conversation and the whole experience travelling on a luxurious coach! Our stop was at Camden Market and we had a brief look at some of the quirky stalls!

The youngest sister booked a table at a restaurant called The Ivy Chelsea Garden https://www.opentable.co.uk/the-ivy-chelsea-garden. I couldn't believe my eyes as they literally popped out of my sockets!

I have never dined somewhere so beautiful and stunning as this. I admired the garden situated at the back of the restaurant which also had very comfortable seats and cushions! We asked to be located in the glass house dining area as my friend still had the shivers. The waiters and waitresses were very attentive and they even offered to charge our mobile phones! The service was superb! I had a sandwich with salad inside and I didn't spend much. Probably just under £10! Below is the picture of the seating area we sat at. We decided to head out after our lunch and did a bit of sight seeing!


Ivy Chelsea Garden Restaurant


We walked around the area and checked out some of the churches, a florist shop and Harrods.

Florist shop in Harrods

We headed to an underground tube station as my friend planned another restaurant for us to dine in called Sketch. This is a hidden restaurant not far from Picadilly Circus. In an area called Mayfair. https://sketch.london/ It has its unique identity as it has several rooms to dine in. I ordered a chocolate brownie and only spent around £4. The cake tasted divine! Heaven on Earth! Very smooth textured and the chocolate sauce was rich in flavour. I also looked at some of the different rooms in the entire complex. Their restrooms were in separate cubicles which looked like egg pods from out of space! And they had these different coloured glass work on the ceiling.

The chocolate cakes at Sketch

Egg pod cubicles in Sketch

By the time we finished eating our desserts we headed back to our pick up point as it was time to head back home. We had a different driver this time round who was also just as friendly as the one that drove us to London in the early hours of the morning. Our coach was at 5.30pm and it was rush hour. You can just imagine the traffic in the capital city! I think it took about an hour and a half just to get out! But I enjoyed a bit more sight seeing whilst in my comfortable seat so it was a win-win as I embraced the moment and was very pleased with the whole day! Overall I only spent around £20 that is including the two meals and the underground trains!

 #london #underground #theivychelseagarden #chelsealondon #garden #history #culture #historical #adventure #travel #sketchlondon #wineanddine #desserts #luxurioustravel #luxurious #budget #luxury #lifestyle #capitalcity #britain #uk

Comments

Popular Posts