HOT SUMMER'S DAY IN NOTTINGHAM


During my spare time I decided to visit my friend in Nottingham as she suggested that we should check out Nottingham Castle as it will close down for two years's for refurbishment! It was a very hot day and we felt as if we were in the Mediterranean! 

I decided to take my camera with me since I love taking pictures and I thought that it would give me some inspiration to design and customise more handbags for my website (www.lrawalcollecion.com). Also I wanted to take pictures which I can use  as I did a photoshoot with her a couple of weeks ago which I am editing so watch out for these!

My friend parked her car in the city centre and we made a vital decision to walk uphill to the legendary castle. We ended up sightseeing along the way and managed to take scenic pictures of Nottingham on a clear day with a bright blue sky! I really like the pictures that I took as it made it look like we were somewhere exotic such as the South of France! 



Then, we came across these beautiful properties and we kept admiring them, which gave us inspiration. My friend and I, also came across these flight of stairs which led out onto another street full of periodic properties and we followed the road which led us to the historic castle! 


We found a doorway that reminded us of Narnia
Stairways




My friend was confused about the double parking lines as they are usually yellow and they were blue instead!


Once we reached our final destination we walked right to the top of the castle which had a balcony and as you can see the spectacular picturesque view from this angle!


Balcony situated outside Nottingham Castle
We did a bit of exploring and decided to go inside the castle. 


Front entrance of Nottingham Castle




Stairs which led us to the castle's balcony




Work of Art-pavement outside the front entrance

Once we were there a gentleman that works at the castle suggested that we help them build a small structure of the castle using white and green lego! White represents the castle and green the landscape. My friend and I built a block in each colour! The gentleman also informed us that the castle would be shut down for three years instead of two!


Green and white legos are used to build a small structure of Nottingham castle
Afterwards we headed back outside and we embraced the gardens around the castle which have the most picturesque views of the trees and flowers. Overall we had a lovely time exploring hidden gems which we only just discovered a few days ago!


I love the smell of roses

Comments

Popular Posts