SPRING TREND

Cherry Blossom Tree near Canal


Spring is my favourite time of year. I love the cherry blossom trees as they start to bloom. I enjoy taking pictures of them whilst I am cycling as it gives me that inner peace and tranquility. Plus I admire the beauty of the trees and I love looking at the pink and white colours.

History of Cherry Blossom Trees

The Cherry Blossom Festival runs from March to April as they begin to bloom. The Mayor of Tokyo Yukio Ozaki in 1912 gave 3000 trees to Washington DC in America as a sign of friendship. The trees are known as Sakura. Ever since then many people like myself admire the beauty of these tress and take beautiful pictures of them.

In Japan these trees symbolize the beauty of life and how short it is. It is not known where these trees have originated from but there has been a suggestion that they originally came from Asia Minor near the Black and Caspian Sea.



In Japan these trees have had this meaning for hundreds of years and the Cherry Blossom Festival is celebrated every year around March-April when they come into bloom. The flowers have a very short life span and only last for a few days.

Cycling and Walking 

I have joined a walking group which runs every Saturday and I also cycle every Sunday morning so I managed to take a few pictures along the way whilst I have been on these journeys. I used my new Lumix DC-GX800K camera. I bought these camera as a treat as it was my birthday a few weeks ago and one of my previous cameras doesn't work as well as it used to.

Cherry Blossom Trees in bloom near canal




Comments

Popular Posts