THE FUTURE OF OUR YOUNGEST ENTREPRENEURS- AN INTERVIEW WITH ONLINE FASHION GURU, RACHEL

Rachel's classical and chic sense of style
Every few weeks I will be interviewing some of the world's newest entrepreneurs, artists, performers, actors etc and also work with them to bring you exclusive stories that will motivate and inspire readers.

I decided to collaborate with Rachel, a fashion lover who inspires young women with her  tips on style, travel and other topics on her website, which is called Rachel's Pick. I admire her strength and determination to achieve her dream of working within the fashion industry as well as a young entrepreneur. What I admire about Rachel is her humble character and like any other teenager, she loves to enjoy life and is caring towards her friends and family!


Rachel has been working towards her passion ever since she was 13-years-old when she clicked the ‘publish’ button in 2012! Not only does Rachel have a flare for fashion, she also loves to travel and document her favourite places she has visited over the years during her teenage life. Since launching Rachel’s Pick, she has collaborated with many other brands including The Body Shop, Madison Reed, Tommy John Farfetch, Casper and Credit Card Insider. Rachel receives tonnes of readers on a daily basis and has built her online presence over the years which has evolved into something that she did not expect. 

What inspired you to create your blog?

I did not intentionally want to become a well known blogger. I only set one up as an outlet to introduce my readers to the world of fashion. It was a platform I used to demonstrate some of the key pieces which I admired. 

Tell me a bit about your blog?

I show people fashion which is realistic, easy to access on the High Street at an affordable price. I also write about other topics depending on the mood and atmosphere that I am in such as travel and lifestyle but my main passion is fashion!


What is your fashionable tips and describe your sense of fashion?

I tend to opt for classic and chic styles with colour blocking. I tend to stick to neutral colours that will never go out of trend.


Rachel likes to co-ordinate outfits with colour blocking approach

Where does your inspiration come from?

I am obsessed with Youtube, Instagram and I tend to read blogs. I am currently a big fan of Lydia Elise Millen and Patricia Bright.

Who is your target audience and what will readers expect to see?

My audience is mainly young women 14-25 but this will probably evolve as I grow older as my readers are a similar age to me and have a similar lifestyle (Rachel is also a university student).


Who will you like to work with in the future?

I would like to collaborate more with bigger brands such as Karen Millen, Ted Baker and also work with Lydia Elise Millen. Previously I have worked with companies that have provided me with additional added benefits such as shopping vouchers. 


Accessories which can be worn with a casual outfit. 

Who is your role model?

My mum and my two godmothers, very strong women. My mum has always taught me to work hard and by doing this I can succeed and achieve the goals that I have set for myself. I want to make my family proud. 

Favourite places you would recommend your readers to visit?

New York City! I went there for my 18th birthday! I have also travelled to Paris which is one of my favourite destinations and anywhere in France as I have been there several times with my family.


IMG_1642[1]
Picturesque photograph which Rachel took during her visit to Paris


What advice would you give to someone that may want to follow in your footsteps?

Working hard is key! Be authentic and true to yourself, focus on things that you enjoy. I wouldn't change how I am if a brand wanted me to change as a person. 

Will you eventually produce vlogs in the distant future if the opportunity came along?

Yes, I would like to eventually produce vlogs that is different to what everyone else is doing. For me it is not about having lots of followers or high statistics but more of what I love to do which is talk about fashion! 


Thank you, Rachel for the interview it was lovely to meet you!


Why not follow Rachel’s journey on: https://rachelspick.co.uk/
Follow her on social media: FacebookTwitterInstagramPinterestTumblr
Email Rachel if you wish to collaborate with her at rachelspickblog@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts